Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Female Voters Angered by CNN Article

Gee, I wonder why? Could it be because CNN's "article" presupposed that of course, black women would vote according to either race or gender, instead of on the issues they believe in as individuals? Here are my favorite quotes from the article:

  • a woman named Tiffany who replied "Duh, I'm a black woman and here I am at the voting booth. Duh, since I'm illiterate I'll pull down the lever for someone. Hm... Well, he black so I may vote for him... oh wait she a woman I may vote for her... What Ise gon' do? Oh lordy!"

  • a reader named Joan e-mailed: "Really CNN, is this how you view black women[?] Are you suggesting that white women are going to have it easier [?] How about issues? Should a black woman consider the candidates position on issues, or should we just stick to race and gender. Disgusting!"

  • "Since Edwards no longer officially exists, as a white male I face the same choice - either I vote my race (Clinton) or my gender (Obama). Or I could just pick the candidate based on who I think would be best," wrote Michael.

No comments: