Thursday, March 6, 2008

How Does He Dress Himself Every Day?

If he is THIS STUPID???

Q: “So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “You’ve stumped me.”

Q: “I mean, I think you’d probably agree it probably does help stop it?”

Mr. McCain: (Laughs) “You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception..."

Q: “But you would agree that condoms do stop the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. Would you say: ‘No, we’re not going to distribute them,’ knowing that?”

Mr. McCain: (Twelve-second pause) “Get me Coburn’s thing, ask Weaver to get me Coburn’s paper that he just gave me in the last couple of days. I’ve never gotten into these issues before.”

This went on for a few more moments until a reporter from the Chicago Tribune broke in and asked Mr. McCain about the weight of a pig that he saw at the Iowa State Fair last year.

Well, I suppose someone had to change the subject. Me, I would have let him twist in the wind and made sure the entire thing was videotaped.

2 comments:

Radical Reminders said...

No way. That can't be the actual conversation. That is SO scary! Especially scary that he couldn't just make a decision when faced with a question. It wasn't even a hard question. He needed to know what his "stance" was before? Seriously, we don't need this stupidity in the white house for another 4 or 8 years. UGH!

P.S. check out my blog, i did awards ;)

Unknown said...

it hurts me so! seriously that's just sad.