Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Favorite New Site

Thanks to Feministe, who posted about the hilarious site Postcards from Yo Momma, which features actual emails and IMs that people have gotten from their mothers. I never thought it would be so funny! I've been reading it and cracking up all morning. Here are some of my favorites:

Mom and the kayak

"mom: I hated kayaking so much this weekend I used the F word on Dad
mom: He kayaked away for awhile and I was lost
mom: stupid me
mom: don't use the F word unless you can find home
mom: but he felt sorry for me cause I was paddling backwards at one point
mom: actually, I found backwards more relaxing
mom: but he thinks I was just incompetant"



About the Sign that Fell on Your Head

"I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M THINKING LIKE DAD NOW-BUT JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE TO SUE BED,BATH,ETC. FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE SIGN FALLING ON YOUR HEAD, IT’S JUST ANOTHER GOOD REASON WHY YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOC. FOR THEM TO CHECK IT OUT."



On 'The Change'

"FINALLY….IT IS OFFICIAL…..I AM IN THE TRANSITION STAGE TO MENOPAUSE. ISN’T THAT EXCITING?? Now I have an excuse to be a beaatch.

Due to all my symtoms as of late, the blood test does show elevated FSH which means I am moving on to my next stage of life. Not sure I am going to like it much.

Love Me"



Nordies

"Sweets –

C and T are spending Easter with us. I’m so excited. We haven’t seen them in ages. Yesterday was T’s birthday and they will be celebrating with her folks on Saturday and spend Sunday with us.

I bought a pair of size 6 Ralph Loren jeans at Nordies yesterday. I was there to check out your bra, but it’s just not good for my figure. So I’m gonna stick with Bali, the brand I’ve been wearing for 40 years. The ladies at Bible Buddies this morning said I looked “hot” in the jeans. Now I’ll have to wait to see what Daddy says.

Love and Hugs,

Your - m"



Enjoy!

1 comment:

Radical Reminders said...

i know! that site kept me occupied all day today at work! :)